On 27 October, at 12pm Moscow time, a news conference on the launching of the BRICS Women Business Alliance will be held at the Izvestia Multimedia Information Centre’s press centre.
The following speakers will discuss the development of women entrepreneurship as an important part of global business, as well as the practical efforts of the BRICS Women Business Alliance to promote the role of women in the national economies of the five countries:
– Galina Karelova, Deputy Speaker of the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation
– Anna Nesterova, Head of the Russian National Chapter of the Women Business Alliance, Head of the BRICS Business Council Working Group on Digital Economy (Russian Chapter)
– Mikhail Kalugin, Head of the BRICS Office of the Foreign Policy Planning Department of the Russian Foreign Ministry
– Olga Belyavtseva, entrepreneur, Member of the Russian National Chapter of the BRICS WomenBusiness Alliance
– Yelena Chashchina, entrepreneur, Member of the Russian National Chapter of the BRICS Women Business Alliance
– Yelena Marinina, Deputy CEO of the Roscongress Foundation and Director of the Innosocium Foundation, the social platform of the Roscongress Foundation, Member of the Russian National Chapter of the BRICS Women Business Alliance.
The idea of creating a women business association was initially proposed by business community at the First International Women Congress of the SCO and BRICS countries held in Novosibirsk in the summer of 2017. In September 2017, the Russian initiative was supported by its partners at a Meeting of the BRICS Business Council in Shanghai.
Streaming will be available at Izvestia’s website at https://iz.ru/video/stream/
Media accreditation: email@example.com, phone +7 (495) 937-6170, ext. 4438, 4288