On 11 November, at 11 am the Valdai Club will hold an online discussion “Russia’s BRICS Chairmanship in the Year of the COVID-19 Pandemic”. The event will be attended by Sergei Ryabkov, Russian BRICS Sherpa, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.
What are the challenges BRICS faced in the year of the pandemic? How successful is the intra-BRICS cooperation? What are the main deliverables of the Russian BRICS Chairmanship in 2020? How does BRICS solve its internal issues? The following guests of the Valdai Club will answer these and other questions:
- Akshay Mathur, Director, Observer Research Foundation, Mumbai (India)
- Philani Mthembu, Executive Director, Institute for Global Dialogue, South Africa
- Victoria Panova, Managing Director, National Committee for BRICS Research; Academic Supervisor, BRICS Russia Organising Committee Expert Council; Vice-President, International Relations at the Far Eastern Federal University; Russia’s Sherpa in W20
- Sergei Ryabkov, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation, Russian BRICS Sherpa
- Xu Sitao, Chief Economist, Partner at Deloitte (China)
- Timofei Bordachev, Programme Director of the Valdai Discussion Club
Working languages: Russian, English
For accreditation, you must fill out the form on our website, indicate your personal mobile number and have the WhatsApp application installed.
Please send questions for speakers to firstname.lastname@example.org or via WhatsApp to the number: +79269307763. Be sure to include your name and title, as well as the name of the speaker to whom the question is being addressed. Questions will be asked during the Q&A session.
Live streaming of the event will be available on all online platforms used by the Valdai Club: on the website, on Facebook, Vkontakte, Instagram, and Telegram as well as social media accounts of Russia’s BRICS Chairmanship.